Re: Compiling CVS

James Smith <j-smith@physics.tamu.edu> writes:

> OK y'all.  I'm almost desparate here.  From reading the email on this
> list, it appears the anon CVS tree is working enough for people to
> actually run the programs.  I haven't been able to do that for a few
> weeks now - even removed ALL my gnomecvs stuff and got the tree again.
> Currently, I get an 'Illegal Instruction' on all the programs I try to
> run.  I also have (:) gnome 0.20 installed in a separate area (libraries
> are in /usr/lib - wherever the rpms put things).  Setting my
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my shell doesn't change the behavior at runtime.  My
> gnome 0.20 programs work fine.

Libraries will always be searched for in the directories
in ld.so.conf before it looks in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So,
since the 0.20 and current versions have the same shared
library version numbers, it will be difficult to have both
new and old GNOME running at once.

But the new stuff is generally better than the old stuff, so
I'd just 'rpm -e' the old RPMs.

Regards,
                                        Owen