Re: Announce: gnome db 0.4 is ready

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Michael Lausch wrote:

> I need some ideas about a grid widget for data display and data
> entry. Everybody who knows Access and has some ideas how this can be
> done with Gtk/Gnome widgets, mail me. The gnumeric sheet is not
> usable, i already tried this.

I highly recommend that you assist with gnumeric and use it as your
front end.  Using spreadsheets as your database front end is The Right
Thing.  I'm sure that Miguel would be happy to export those parts of
gnumeric which you need as components which you can re-assemble into your
"separate database app".

Once the component model becomes more widespread, there will start to
be real issues when it comes to defining what is an application.  I can
see 90% of the UI being shared between gnumeric and gnome-db.  Wierd.

Regardless, you can advance both your own cause and that of gnumeric at
the same time by helping with baboon.  This Is The True Way.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net