Re: xpm on solaris Tips

Federspiel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've to build the xpm lib on my station, and wish to get some hints and
> tips from people who have done so, I'm using gcc-2.7.2.1 and gnu make
> 3.75, Could someone post a Makefile which is working for solaris with
> gcc, and where do I get the Imake sources or in which pkg are they. I do
> all only to get gnome-libs-0.27.1 running and the compiled pkg from
> ftp.x.org the ld do not ame so that he would run throught he stop at
> libxpm and said :
> ld: fatal: file /var/src/xpm-3.4k/lib/libXpm.a: unknown type, unable to
> process using elf(3E) libraries
>
> Bye                              Christian

You should install SUNWxwopt to get imake. After that just follow the
instructions in README.html.
Take special notice of the paragraph where solaris and the "-K pic" to
"-fpic" change is mentioned.

It worked out fine for me (I'm running Solaris 2.6 and Xpm-3.4k)

If you don't want to compile the libs yourself, you can allways get them
off www.sunfreeware.com

Greetings,
--
Gert Dewit : Gert.Dewit@skynet.be