xpm on solaris Tips

Hello,

I've to build the xpm lib on my station, and wish to get some hints and
tips from people who have done so, I'm using gcc-2.7.2.1 and gnu make
3.75, Could someone post a Makefile which is working for solaris with
gcc, and where do I get the Imake sources or in which pkg are they. I do
all only to get gnome-libs-0.27.1 running and the compiled pkg from
ftp.x.org the ld do not ame so that he would run throught he stop at
libxpm and said :
ld: fatal: file /var/src/xpm-3.4k/lib/libXpm.a: unknown type, unable to
process using elf(3E) libraries

Bye                              Christian