Re: GNOME Style Guide, was: Re: Uniformity?

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, John R Sheets wrote:
>
> > Nils Philippsen wrote:
> >
> > > Are there chances to get this as a tarred archive or similar, so I can carry
> > > it home on my small 400Meg HD instead of downloading message after message and
> > > making German Telekom richer as they deserve?
> >
> > Are you running Communicator?  I have virtually the whole archive saved in my mail
> > folder (yes, I'm a mail packrat).  I could tar it up and put it on my ftp site if you
> > like.
>
> Nope, pine, but up to now I haven't been subscribed to the gnome-gui-list.
> And the archives are not accessible as a whole if I get this correct, only
> via this list->month->article interface from www.gnome.org. Having the archive
> on your ftp site would be great.

Communicator uses the same format as pine for mailboxes. At least, it does
on my system, a i686-pc-linux-gnu according to a config.guess I found
lying around somewhere.

Eg. I can do pine -f ~/nsmail/Sent, and read the (few) messages I sent
from Communicator.

I think it's the native mailbox format for my system.

HTH

Michael Hudson
Jesus College
Cambridge