Re: GNOME Style Guide, was: Re: Uniformity?

Oh well, now this isn't necessary since Netscape mail files are
usuable. But I thought people might be curious.

John R Sheets writes:
> Does anyone know of a conversion utility for Netscape->something
> useful?  Or how about a better archiving system to make the GNOME
> mail archives searchable and/or easier to use?

You can get a local mirror of the archive site by running:

wget -r -l2 --no-parent \
     http://www.gnome.org/mailing-lists/archives/gnome-gui-list/

(assuming, of course, that you have wget)

It's not terribly fast (those HTTP connnections are a lot of
overhead), but it works unattended and gives you local copies of all
the posts to the list.  wget is pretty darn spiffy (-r=recursive,
-l2=go to two levels of recursion, --no-parent=don't go through parent
directories).

< Ian Bicking                 |  bickiia@earlham.edu                >
< drawer #419 Earlham College |  http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~bickiia >
< Richmond, IN 47374          |  (765) 973-2824                     >