can we please use branches?

The GTK guys have done a great job of isolating everyone from the pain
caused by adding themes.  Is there any reason we can't do the same for
changes to, e.g., XML?  I'm not criticising, just wondering if we can't
make these API changes without necessarily breaking everyone.

On a related note, I am still having the same MC problem (SEGV) which I
reported earlier.  That was off of a completely clean build, as in:

	mv /opt/gnome /opt/foognome
	cd ~/gnome/cvs
	rm -rf *
	cvs checkout gnome

This solved my glib problem but, again, left me with the problem of MC
SEGV'ing.  Cf. my earlier message for a backtrace.  I'm happy to work
with people on this problem if they are interested.  I've never gotten
MC running with GNOME, so I figure that now is as good a time as any.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net