RE: Gnome FAQ:Cut & Paste (fwd)

Errata for previous mail <Liss: RE: Gnome FAQ:Cut & Paste (fwd)>

<snip>
> CORBA objects would be passed as data (data blob) + object id (in
attribute
> blob), and the retreiving app would create a new CORBA object reference
> from this id. (Possible problem: this means that a CORBA object needs
> sufficient private data stored in the clipboard to be able to recreate
> itself if the orginal object has been destroyed. If were dealing with
files
> and animations, this can mean an awful lot of data!)
<snip>

Public data, not private. Sorry.

'new CORBA object reference' is my way of saying 'create a new client
instance of the CORBA object'.

BTW - The statement should be allmost the same for private data, but
instead of creating a new client to an existing server, you would call a
Baboon factory to create a new server (object) with the private data (this
can be done, correct?). This would be handled transparently by the
'clipboard library'.

Anyway, I cannot see that the actual clipboard would have to be 'Baboon
aware' - it should be enough if the 'clipboard library' was that. (So I
belive that it would be the Right Thing to write the gnome clipboard as
fast as possible.)

*Please correct me if I'm a completely whacko!*

mvh
// Liss
liss@ydab.se