Compiled gnome-core for HP-UX; what now?

OK, quite a long posting:
 - two replies to other peoples reactions,
 - new bugs and fixes.

--- reply one ---

> > even after I add -lIIOP, -lORBitutil and -llibgnorba to the
> > command-line (for gcc linking; a re-configure might make the adding
> > libs by hand unnecessary). What packages do I need more?
>
> According to 'gnome-config gnorba --libs', you should be including
>
>         -I/path/to/gnome/lib -lgnorba -lORBit -lIIOP -lORBitutil -lglib -lm
>
> and I'm pretty sure they need to be in that order on HP-UX (and, of course,
> you need to change "/path/to/gnome/lib" to wherever you've got the GNOME
> libraries installed on your machine)

Dunno about the order, went OK after reinstalling ORBit, coz
I missed libORBit.* (disk quota...)

> Good luck!  I'm also trying to build on HP-UX, but I don't have space for
> much more than the libraries and a couple of applications...

I already have 30 MB more than this morning and gnome-core _just_ fits :-)

--- reply two ---

> > So close to adding HP-UX 10.20 as supported platform into the FAQ,
> > please help me to fix the last problems :-)
>
> HPUX 10.20 works just fine  -  in fact at dinner I told Todd to add it in
> (Todd???)

At least I got it all compiled and installed now; see below.

> It sounds like most of your problems are because you are using HPUX :)
> I had to download and install a LOT of GNU stuff.  (ftp
> prep.ai.mit.edu;mget *;tar fxz *; make * :)

This happens to be the case entirely.
I have 25 MB libraries (partially gnome) and 30 MB binaries (mainly
gnome) in my private directories now.

[snip]
> Once you get all the needed stuff on there, you can grab everything from
> CVS, and pretty much just compile straight through.

Not through the firewall here...