Re: Installing gnome the easy way.

Perhaps no one is reading this list.

ALPHA SOFTWARE

This means it's in the realm of hackers.  If you don't wanna hack, don't install
it.  If you _really_ need the eye candy, then acquire the skills to install it,
but don't come crying to us to make it work for you.  We're trying to code it.
We have no problems installing it.  Once we near 1.0, then packaging will be a
concern.

By no means do you need to reinstall your system.  Just yank all the offending
packages and compile from scratch.  This means removing all traces of anything
that uses GTK and Gimp.  It took me a while to figure that out, but once I did,
everything went super smoothly.

If you're really that lazy, ditch the RPM's.  Jim Pick's DEB's worked for me
back in 0.2 with a minimum of fuss.

Adam Keys
soon to be notorious GNOME hacker