Re: Bravo for the mess with all the files !!!

>> First of all, I'm sorry if I'm rude but I think the way GNOME is
>> organized is unacceptable and someone should say that officially.

Instead of apologizing for being rude, why not just not be rude in the
first place?  I can almost guarantee that every other response you'll
get to your email will be a flame.  If you are sincere about us
wanting to change our evil ways, this is certainly no way to approach
it.  I've always found it mysterious that people don't understand
this.

Second, I doubt you're informed enough to tell if your problems are
the result of the way Gnome is organized, or if they are the result of
problems in the release/packaging, or if they are simply bugs of one
sort or another (annoying perhaps, but not worth getting agitated
about).

>> So guess what ??? It is not working ... In fact, using "top" ,
>> there is a gnome-session witch is running but i can't see it

gnome-session doesn't have a GUI.  It runs headless.  This is
intentional.  It isn't documented, which I realize is a problem.
We're working on documentation.

>> ... and typing "gnome-session" produce a lib fault ...

Please send a real bug report.  For instance, a stack trace from the
debugger would be nice.  I can tell you how to get this if you don't
know how.

>> How are we suppose to guess the way we should install the gnome-*
>> files once we have them ... rpm -i * doesn't work ...

I'm afraid I don't know the answer.  I always build from source.

>> PS : All my friends told me to use KDE because gnome was a fucking
>> mess... I begin to understand why ...

Sigh.  Gnome hasn't had its `1.0' release yet.  We know it has
problems of various sorts.  That's why it is still pre-release.  In
this situation there are two reasonable courses of action (and here I
intentionally leave out your chosen course, random flamage): (1) help
out in the form of sensible bug reports, or (2) stay away until it is
ready for the masses.

Tom