Re: db library on Solaris??

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, jon wrote:

:>Previously, Mark Galassi (rosalia@cygnus.com) said:
:>>
:>>     Andrew> I have been trying to get the 0.30.1 snapshots (not out of
:>>     Andrew> CVS) to build under Solaris 2.5.1 with gcc-2.8.1.
:>>     Andrew> Everything has been going pretty well except when I try
:>>     Andrew> and compile the base library package, I get a message
:>>     Andrew> about db library must be installed.  It is looking for
:>>     Andrew> db_open() or dbopen().
:>>
:>>     Andrew> What is this library?  Where do I get it?
:>>
:>> I had the same problem: I got it from http://www.sleepycat.com/
:>>
:>> Todd, is the compile FAQ also yours?  I forget offhand.  This would be
:>> a good item, and it wasn't there when I checked 3 weeks ago.
:>
:>FWIW, I couldnt' get db-1.85 to build on Solaris 2.6. the 2.x version builds
:>fine, but when you run ./configure tell it to enable 1.85 compatability.
:>
:>-j

ObS, When I compiled the db-1.85 for Soloris 2.6 egcs (1.0.2) just
didnt whon't to compile at all but Sun:s cc compiled db fine and with
no complan at all. So I sudgest that you write in the FAQ when
compiling db for sun/solaris use cc insted of gnu:s gcc or egcc.

  /EgU

                     Kämnärsvägen 7H:124
                         226 46 Lund
dat94egu@ludat.lth.se      Sweden       +46 (0)46 15 88 68

Fortune:

From too much love of living,
From hope and fear set free,
We thank with brief thanksgiving,
Whatever gods may be,
That no life lives forever,
That dead men rise up never,
That even the weariest river winds somewhere safe to sea.
		-- Swinburne