Re: Compiling gnome-core-0.30 on HP-UX; some fixes, more bugs

> So close to adding HP-UX 10.20 as supported platform into the FAQ,
> please help me to fix the last problems :-)

HPUX 10.20 works just fine  -  in fact at dinner I told Todd to add it in
(Todd???)

It sounds like most of your problems are because you are using HPUX :)
I had to download and install a LOT of GNU stuff.  (ftp
prep.ai.mit.edu;mget *;tar fxz *; make * :)

I also compiled X myself to make sure I had all the development libraries
and headers, which are not provided by HP.

The problem with moving stuff like gnome to non-linux boxes is that most
of them are configured by the vendor in the most basic of states, and
nothing new (zlib, giflib, libjpeg, etc...) are even remotly included.
You then have to spend a lot of time updating these Unices from their idea
of what Unix is to the current idea of what Unix is (which is a big bunch
of GNU :)

Once you get all the needed stuff on there, you can grab everything from
CVS, and pretty much just compile straight through.

	-Dan