gdm bug report

Hi,

I have been trying the latest version of gdm and have noticed a couple of
problems that have existed for the last couple of weeks.  I am running
redhat 5.0 on a P90 system with 90 megs of SDRAM.

1.  For some reason the DISPLAY variable is unset when running gdm (causing
programs like linuxconf, dctrl (part of diald), and others to fail to
connect to the display)

2.  Terminals fail to close completely on 'exit'.  I have found this mostly
with Eterm (I am running E).

3. I still can't get gdm to notice all the user accounts I have setup on my
system (it only shows root!!).

BTW - what are PreRoot and PostRoot to be used for (I figured out Init -
it's really nice to be able to add a background and run xripple like xdm)

4. gdm never dies -- this means that programs that are started using the
Init script never die (I want xripple to run in gdm, but not in my
windowmanger -- using PostRoot [thinking this might be where we kill
processes doesn't work])

Ok, I think that's it.  Thanks for the hard work!!!

Nathan Alonzo Smith