Re: compilation problems

tgl> On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Jon Anhold wrote:
>> I just rebuilt gnome-libs and now when i try to compile
>> anything GNOME, i get:
>>
>> /usr/local/lib/libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `dcgettext__'
>>
>> Any clues?

tgl> Sounds like an i18n issue.  What platform is this on?

At least on redhat 5.x systems the default libintl is "special". I
always use the --with-included-gettext argument with autogen.sh or
configure and it works fine. Modules not honouring the
--with-included-gettext should be fixed (mostly a matter of copying
the intl directory of another module in the root directory of the
broken module and adding $(INTLLIBS) to the ..._LDADD variable in
Makefile.am. I'm sure module maintainers are happy if you send them
patches.

--
Michael Lausch/g.a.m.s. edv dienstleistungen gmbh See my
web page <http://www.lausch.at/> or query PGP key server for PGP key.