Compiling gnome for HP-UX (Can't find library for -lXmu)

OK,

Something in the ~/etc/config.site probably was wrong. I managed to
compile gnome-libs 0.30.1 with
  `env CPP='gcc -E' CPPFLAGS='-I/home/kero/include -I.' CFLAGS=-L/home/kero/lib ./configure`
where I had to change libtool and encountered a weird newline in some
Makefile (see my previous post).

So I went on with gnome-core 0.30.

It could not find gnome.h, which apparently was not installed by `make
install` for the gnome-libs.

Second, it can't find the library for -lXmu. What library is that and
where can I get it?

Bye,

PS: Somebody mentioned a search-facility for the archives; I suppose
that is meant for the WWW, which would be a good idea, I think.
Especially if the database is regarded as one, instead of parts for
every month: The
  Subject: archive egrep expr *
to gnome-list-request --according to the archive_help.txt-- doesn't
work... returns ``latest is a directory, September is a directory, ...''
May be "egrep expr */*"?
No, because:
  ../.bin/arch_retrieve: /bin/nice: Argument list too long
But searching each and every month in a separate mail is a little
cumbersome, right?

Just my humble opinion.

| I ain't changed,                          |
| but I know I ain't the same               |
+--- M38C --- http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+