Re: RFC: Gtk + XML chroming

I was looking at doing something similar to this, but using GLADE's XML
file format as the base.  The reason for choosing this file format is that
there is already a GUI builder for it.

My ideas for the interface so far have been similar to Miguel's.  I was
also planning on using gmodule to automatically connect signal handlers
like this:
  GModule *self = g_module_open(NULL, 0); /* look at executable's symbols*/
  gpointer handler
  if (!g_module_symbol(self, sig_handler_name, &handler))
    g_warning("couldn't find signal handler %s", sig_handler_name);
  else
    gtk_signal_connect(object, "signal", GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(handler), NULL);

Of course this functionality would be optional, so the code would be
useful to people who use OS's not supported by gmodule.

When I get some working code, I will post a message to the list and
maybe put the code in CVS.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au