Re: About gtk+,gnome i18n - patch included

Sung-Hyun Nam <namsh@lgic.co.kr> writes:

> Here is a idea to support multibyte language:
>
>   1. User can select all the font (via po file)
>      You can see an example from the gimp po file(app/about_dialog.c)
>      And, next fix is needed for the multibyte language.
>   2. gdk_font_load() should check if the font_name includes
>      'comma' character. If the font_name includes 'comma',
>      gdk_font_load() should call gdk_fontset_load().
>
>   This can be a very simple patch. I think it is not a
>   overhead and has no any side effect to the 1byte language.
>
> I add my patch. I doubt why 'fontset_name' is not const. Because of
> this, I use g_strdup to match the type. it should not be const?

I don't agree to modify gdk_font_load.  But It would be good to have
another font/fontset loading function, which just calls gdk_font_load
and gdk_fontset_load.  Programmers should call this new function for

    GdkFont *
    gdk_font_load_new_layer_or_whatever (const gchar *font_name)
    {
      if (strchr (font_name, ','))
	return gdk_fontset_load (font_name);
      else
	return gdk_font_load (font_name);
    }

In the gtop's case, users select their favorite font with the font
selection dialog.  It would be nice to have a fontset selection widget
like Mozilla's one.  (gnomefe has this font selector???)

--
Changwoo Ryu