Re: BOB: GNOME Word Processor Efforts

> However, it is very hard to get you, Miguel, or others among the
> developers to share your thoughts on these design decisions, so that
> we can learn from your examples what a GNOME program of this type
> should look like.  I find this frustrating.

No, it is not.  Just ask and we shall reply.

> I am struggling with what to put in the XML section of the FAQ right
> now because no one wants to tell me and everyone else what's going
> on.

You can always mail directly the people listed in $module/AUTHORS.  If
you look for Daniel's posts on GNOME list you will find that it has
been pretty much all; you will notice that he has described his work
on Gnome-Xml since May.

> I try to stir up a little discussion (carefully phrased so as not to try
> to tell the actual programmers what they should do), hoping to get back
> a message like "No, that's not how you do it, this is how you do it...",
> and instead I feel like I am being accused of wanting to design the
> project for you, which I conspicuously and forcefully do not.

Todd, I think we are misscomunicating.

I am only complaining that you are trying to reinvent a word processor
when an existing design exists and code is being written for it.  Work
should be directed towards putting all of the bells and whistles into
that project.  Gwp includes a couple of documents that detail the
design as well.

So, Tood, just ask us, I am sure we will answer your specific
questions.

Miguel.