Re: BOB: GNOME Word Processor Efforts

Jesse D. Sightler <jsight@pair.com> wrote:
> I completely disagree.  RMS' knowledge of Emacs has nothing to do with
> whether or not we should implement an entirely new Word Processor based on
> something else.  RMS is WRONG, Emacs is not a viable option as a word
> processor for the masses.
Umm, no you don't completely disagree. My only objection was
that he didn't want to consider RMS' opinion on this subject
because he allegedly had been 'anti-Linux' lately, which is
totally irrelevant.

If knowledge of Emacs isn't something valuable when determining
if one can build something different upon it. Then I don't know
what is.

If you think RMS is 'WRONG' then at least provide some arguments
to why that's so.

Personally I think it might be possible to do it, but I think
it will be better to build something new only targetting word
processing. It will be easier to coordinate the work too
without having to consider the wishes of the 'editor' people
working on Emacs.

 /mill

PS. Sorry, for polluting the list with this. This ends the
thread for me. Back to work. DS.