Re: BOB: GNOME Word Processor Efforts

Jesse D. Sightler writes:
> [...]

I'm on the XEmacs beta mailing list and we've also had a discussion
about having a word processor function with XEmacs.  Editors like
Emacs and XEmacs are different animals.  One of the XEmacs developers
warned us that the whole thing was not a trivial undertaking.

My preference would be for a simplier UI than MS Word.

WPs are rare in free software because they're written for users who
don't particularly want to work with computers and because they're
quite complex in and of themselves.  If this was a daunting project
for some pretty good developers who have gone beyond Emacs in variable
fonts and graphics inclusions, then I would like to make sure we think
this one through.

--
Rebecca Ore