ORBit test prog failed

The test program test/test-object gets an assertion inside glib/gmem.c at
line 513 because mem_chunk is NULL.

This seems to happen because ORBit_chunks_init() is not called before
ORBit_chunk_alloc().  The latter is called by ORBit_CORBA_Object_new(),
which in turn is called directly from main().

Is test-object supposed to run correctly?  If so, where should
ORBit_chunks_init() be called?  From main()?

I noticed that it's called from CORBA_ORB_init() (which doesn't get called
from test-object, even indirectly).

I'm not sure I should be calling that directly though, and anyway, when I
inserted a call to CORBA_ORB_init() in main(), the program then died with a
SEGV in CORBA_Object_release_fn().  Seems the orb field of the object was
NULL, causing the dereference obj->orb->objrefs at line 148 to fail.

Oh, I grabbed source from anon CVS on 98/10/18, so I have glib 1.1.4.  ORBit
built without errors.  Also, I'm on MkLinux for PowerPC, using gcc 2.7.2.1.

Anyone?