Re: BOB: GNOME Word Processor Efforts

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:

> - take a look at the DOM docs and see how we want to export a document
> object to the world with baboon.

Doh!  I forgot to mention the one thing that triggered this message:

Mozilla has a DOM implementation!  You can find it at /lib/libdom under
their CVS root.  Take a look at:

	http://www.mozilla.org/layout/perignon.html

for more info.  If there are licensing concerns which prohibit our using
their code, then we can at least learn from it.  I don't know of a W3C
DOM implementation, but if there is one then I'd love to see it, too.

Finally, someone might want to take the DOM IDL files (it's specified in
CORBA!) and start making sure that they are within ORBit's capabilities
and maybe begin some implementation work along with libXML.

If I am leading people astray with this advice, then someone, please,
correct me!

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net