Re: Solaris 2.6 problems

In message <19981015224847.B22549@paradigm.snoopy.net>, jon writes:
+-----
| SunOS delorean 5.6 Generic_105181-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine
|
| I try to run the panel, and it runs.. but applets cannot communicate
| with it. I ran the ORBit test programs, and they ran fine.
+--->8

There are at least two problems on Solaris.

The first is that the panel usually ends up running with DISPLAY=:0 and
everything else running with DISPLAY=:0.0.  ORBit considers these different :-(

The second --- I cannot start applets from the panel.  With the above problem
hacked around, I can start applets from an xterm and they hook up with the
panel.