Solaris 2.6 problems

I have the following machine:

[jon@delorean ~/src/cvs.gnome.org/gnome]% uname -a                      10:46PM
SunOS delorean 5.6 Generic_105181-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine

I checked gnome out today, built glib, ORBit, imlib, gtk+, gnome-libs
and gnome-core and installed it into /usr/local (which is in AFS).

I try to run the panel, and it runs.. but applets cannot communicate
with it. I ran the ORBit test programs, and they ran fine.

Below is the output of panel. Any ideas?

-j

[jon@delorean ~/src/cvs.gnome.org/gnome]% panel                         10:45PM
Message: Initializing CORBA for panel

HOST: Undefined variable
started applet, exec: '(true; /usr/local/bin/gen_util_applet --clock &)'
Message: Initializing CORBA for applet

Saving to [/panel.d/default/]
Saving session: 1 2 3 4

** ERROR **: Could not communicate with the panel

aborting...

--
>From now on, I will try not to reason with the idiots I encounter.
I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying 'Bah'.
                                                        - Dogbert
               - http://deadhackers.cia.net/~jon -