Re: libgtk, libgdk, libglib errors

I guess one has to install all the old glib, gtk+ libs and not just the latest.
What I did was install previous versions of glib and gtk+ that contained the
libraries that were needed by guile.  I guess rpm isn't smart enought to know a
newer library version is
installed or not when a package depends on an older version of that library.  I
could be wrong, but it
seems like rpm needs some improvement.  But go back and download all versions of
glib, glib10, glib-devel, gtk+, gtk+10, and gtk+-devel  -- no matter how old --
and install them.  I had the same problem as you and this is the only way I could
get everything to work.
Good luck.
-Sean