Gdk-Message error / balsa error

Okay, folks, my saga continues...

I now have all of the gnome packages (0.30) installed.  Gnome boots up
hunky-dorey, but there are still some problems.  For instance, when I try
to access background-properties:

[matt@crush matt]$ background-properties
Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigpipe caught

Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigint caught
[matt@crush matt]$

Does anyone know what this is?  What should I do?

Also, I have balso 0.4.5 installed now, but when I attempt to run it:

[matt@crush matt]$ balsa
balsa: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.0: undefined symbol: gtk_type_check_object_cast
[matt@crush matt]$

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Matt Singerman               | "If you can't fix it with duct tape,
messt66+@pitt.edu            |  it's fucked."
http://www.pitt.edu/~messt66 |   -- Politikill Incorrect