Re: Gnome mailinglist / digest mode

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Joerg Janes wrote:

> some time ago, I asked if there is a digest mode for this mailing list and get no answer, so I asume, that there isn't a digest mode.
>
> Unfortunately, there isn't anything in the header of the mails, which can be used to define a mail filter or rule to move this mails to another folder ...
>
> The GTK mailing list does a good thing. It inserts the string [gtk-list] in the subject of every mail send to the mailing list.

What about this:

(setq nnmail-split-methods
      '(("junk" "^Gnus-Warning:.*This.*is.*a.*duplicate")
        ("cvs-commits" "^X-Loop:.*cvs-commits-list@gnome\.org")
        ("gnome-list" "^X-Loop:.*gnome-list@gnome\.org")
        ("gnome-gui-list" "^X-Loop:.*gnome-gui-list@gnome\.org")
        ("gnome-components-list"
"^X-Loop:.*gnome-components-list@gnome\.org"
)
        ("orbit-list" "^X-Loop:.*orbit-list@cuc\.edu")
        ("info-cvs" "^X-Loop:.*info-cvs@gnu\.org")
        ("guile-list" "^Sender:.*owner-guile@cygnus\.com")
        ("other" "")))

I'm using the `X-Loop' field in the header to split mails.

Inserting some stuff in the subject line also makes sorting harder.

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/