Re: gdm

>>>>> "NASA" == NASA  <nasa@thuntek.net> writes:

NASA> Thanks for the reply, I have just a small question - how does
NASA> /etc/shells determine what users I have on my system.  I checked
NASA> both the shells files (it just has a list of all the shells on
NASA> the system) and my passwd file, which looks ok (all the users
NASA> look very similar to the root account and root does show up, but
NASA> none of the rest do).

As Miguel explained in a previous mail gdmgreeter adds a user to the
browser/completion list based on getpwent() and getusershell().

Therefore the user must have a shell which is listed as valid in
/etc/shells.

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://www.socsci.auc.dk/~mkp/