Re: CORBA/DOM stuff

> Has anyone played around with the IDL files that come with the
> Document Object Model spec?  I was thinking that some potentially
> interesting things could be done with GNOME, ORBit and these DOM IDL
> files.  Any ideas?  Anyone else working on this?

  Yes I am, the module is gnome-dom in the CVS base. It will be a
(hopefully) thin layer on top of gnome-xml since the libxml already
has a tree based orientation. There is still some design decisions
especially should a wrapper object should be created to encapsulate
the existing XML structure or not. I would like to avoid that if possible
but there is some complexity.
  Files to check:
    gnome-xml/tree.h
    gnome-dom/DOM.idl
              DOMString.[ch]
	      Document.[ch]
	      Node.[ch]

And of course the ORB dependant stuff :-)
    gnome-dom/orbit-glue.c

  More to come (work in progress)

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C  MIT/LCS  NE43-344  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel: +1 617 253 5884  | 545 Technology Square   | Linux, WWW, rpm2html,