Application launcher shortcut

Hi all,

One thing I really like about KDE is it's short-cut (alt-F2 with my setup)
for launching applications. Often it's way faster for me to hit that
shortcut and type the name of the application I want to launch, instead of
having to navigate the mouse to an icon (or even worse through a set of
menus).

Now, my question is : Will this nifty little feature be inherited by
someone in the gnome world (or has it already been) ?

  Rasmus