install prob?

Hello all,
I recently (10/11) downloaded all of the files from
one of the gnome mirror sites (redhat/latest directory).
After following the instructions on gnomes web page,
-install support packages
-remove old gnome components,
-install all files from the redhat/latest directory less the devel
packages via rpm.

Many of the gnome components work, but several of the (old) ones
don't.
For instance, when I try to use the control panel, I get an
error in loading shared libs.

/usr/lib/libgtk.so.1: undefined symbol: g_strdelimit

When I try to start the network tool (netconf?), I get
remadmin (GUI frontend) exiting abnormaly

the gtk libs I installed are:
gtk+-1.1.2-1.i386.rpm and
gtk+10-1.0.6-1.i386.rpm

Is there a newer version of the control-panel that I should be using?
Does this look like something is wrong with my installation?

Thanks,

Evan