Re: Application launcher shortcut

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 00:21:57 -0700 (PDT), Rasmus Tamstorf <rt@brandx.net> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>One thing I really like about KDE is it's short-cut (alt-F2 with my setup)
>for launching applications. Often it's way faster for me to hit that
>shortcut and type the name of the application I want to launch, instead of
>having to navigate the mouse to an icon (or even worse through a set of
>menus).
>
>Now, my question is : Will this nifty little feature be inherited by
>someone in the gnome world (or has it already been) ?

It's nifty, but it's not a GNOME thing directly. I wrote a little "grun"
program that provides the popup box - now what you need to do is make your
window manager run the "grun" program whenever Alt-F2 is pressed.

(looks around furtively for fvwm2gnome maintainers, etc :)
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg