panel doesn't save setup

Hi

I just compiled the basic gnome stuff from CVS and I am running it
with icewm 0.9.14 with GNOME support enabled.
If I config the panel (f.x. by adding an applet to it) and then
exit X (with logout) and restart it the panel comes up without
my configuration. Same goes for session management. If I exit with
f.x. GNOME termial running and restart X it doesn't automatically
restart.
I've tried removing .gnome* to have a clean setup but it doesn't help.
My .xinitrc looks like this:
icewm &
gnome-session

Am I doing something wrong or is this maybe a known bug? Or unknown?

TIA
  Hrafnkell
--
//  Hrafnkell Eiriksson  //  Student of Computer- and Electrical engineering