gnumeric bug

There appears to be a bug in gnumeric.
I was playing idly with it and:
entered "1" in A1
entered "=A1*2" in B1
Edit->Copy
RightArrow; Ctrl-V; RightArrow; Ctrl-V; ...
I got nice powers of two until i got to Z1 (holding "=Y1*2" == 33554432)
When I got to AA1 the result went to zero and the cell appears to contain "=BA1*2"
This is obviously wrong.
This behaviour appear regularly when copying a formula across the Z -> AA boundary
(no need to fill the previous cells, no large numbers needed).
I know too little about gnumeric's internals (and it's really too late here) for me to
trace the bug right now.
I tought You wanted to know...

Thanks for all this (bug included) :) :)
Mauro

Best Regards

Mauro Condarelli