Problems(?) building glib from CVS src

Q1) First, the easy question: "make check" doesn't seem to do anything for
    glib.  Is that right, or are my compile problems (below) related?

I picked up glib from CVS, ran autogen, upon which I get this error msg
about a dozen times during the configure run:

  $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome
  configure.in:132: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
  [...]
  $

It completes w/o further incident. Then, make gives me the following error
near the end of the build:

  $ make
  [...]
  creating libgmodule.la
  (cd .libs && ln -s ../libgmodule.la libgmodule.la)
  /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Wall  -o testgmodule  -rdynamic testgmodule.o libgmodule.la ../libglib.la  -ldl
  gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o .libs/testgmodule -rdynamic testgmodule.o -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/gnome/lib .libs/libgmodule.so -ldl -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/lib ../.libs/libglib.so -ldl
  gcc: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
  creating testgmodule
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/GNOME/src/glib/gmodule'
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/GNOME/src/glib'
  $

Sure enough, the Makefile for glib/gmodule has the following defn (shortly
after the .PHONY directive):

  testgmodule_LDFLAGS += -rdynamic

which is what's putting -rdynamic on this link step.

Q2) Am I in trouble here?

I'm on MkLinux DR3 alpha3 for PowerPC, which, as I understand, is roughly
based on a RedHat Linux distribution, modulo the Mach microkernel.  My
system uses shared libs.

  $ cat /proc/version
  Linux version 2.0.33-osfmach3 (rmf@asgard.cs.columbia.edu) (gcc version 2.7.2.1-ppclinux) #1 Sun Feb 1 18:34:07 EST 1998
  $ libtool --version         ==>   ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.2
  $ autoconf --version        ==>   Autoconf version 2.12
  $ automake --version        ==>   automake (GNU automake) 1.3
  $ rpm -q gcc                ==>   gcc-2.7.2-2M
  $ rpm -q glibc              ==>   glibc-0.961212-1U
  $

FWIW, configure seems to recognize this as a "powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu"
system.  Also, I built libtool, autoconf and automake from recent source,
and each one passed all of its self-tests.

Thanks for any and all help!