Re: undefined symbol: g_quark_from_static_string ??

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Rob Goodwin wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea why I can't run these thing or what I might have
> to do?  I installed from RPM's and have all the necessary dependencies to
> the best of my knowledge.  If more information is required pleas let me know
> what would be needed to isolate the problem.

The error means your glib is missing a function Gtk expects to find. Which
means the Gtk and glib are out of sync. How to fix that depends on exactly
how the problem appeared - the sure-fire way is to delete all glib and
gtk 1.1 series (get them *all*, but you can leave the 1.0 glib and gtk),
then re-install a matching glib and gtk.

Havoc