Re: URL display code

tt> I've been away for a while and am slowly making my way through my
tt> saved-up Gnome email.  Where are we with the gnorba "IMR" (or whatever
tt> we're calling it -- the object activator) code?  Are we ready to start
tt> using CORBA in a more serious way?

Yesterday i've finished CORBA'izing the gnome-help-browser application,
moving slowly toward more serious tasks, like the panel and it's applets.

libgnorba is usefull, and because it contains GOAD, the server
activation code, or as you called it, the implementation repository,
it is now possible to launch servers (tested) or load them as shared
libraries (no yet tested) into you client. I'll do some cleanup and
some necessary modifications to the naming-service, and then commit
the changes to CVS.

In he gnome-help-browser there's now a small application, showing you
how to actually use the CORBA interface to the gnome help browser, and
i'm in the process of writing a tutorial on GOAD (the IMR code) and
"how to use CORBA in the Gnome project".

tt> Tom

--
Michael Lausch/g.a.m.s. edv dienstleistungen gmbh
See my web page <http://www.lausch.at/> or query PGP key server for PGP key.