Re: ORBit.spec patch

[ A reply to some moderately old email ]

>> > if [ "$SMP" != "" ]; then
>> >   (make "MAKE=make -k -j $SMP"; exit 0)
>> >   make

Elliot> This part doesn't - either we need to fix automake to generate
Elliot> multimake-safe Makefiles, or the extra 'make' isn't
Elliot> needed. Can you elaborate on these?

FYI:

As far as I'm aware automake already generates Makefiles that are
suitable for use with a parallel make.  However, it is possible (easy,
even) to write a Makefile.am that breaks this.

If automake itself generates code that breaks parallel make, then that
is a bug.  Please distill it to a test case and send it to me as I'm
quite interested in keeping this working correctly.

There's nothing automake can do if your Makefile.am is broken, though.
It probably can't even detect this.

Tom