Re: Launching vs. Raising an application...

Guillermo S. Romero / unnamed / Familia Romero wrote:
> >For beginning users, I think Window Maker will really be the most
> >appropriate window manager on a number of points, so it's a feature
> >that is already present where it needs to be.
>
> Does anybody know how to configure Window Maker to launch more apps? I tried
> "nxterm &" but fails. Why can not I set a icon to be a multi launcher?

This worked for me and xterm -- nxterm will probably work too.

1. Launch an xterm and give it focus
2. Press Control-Esc to bring up the window menu. Mouse-3 on the
titlebar is supposed to do it, too, but doesn't OMM.
3. Select "Attributes..."
4. Choose "Application Specific" from the menu at the top
5. Check "No application icon"

This worked for me, though it's certainly pretty confusing.

Tim