Re: compiling and using GNOME on non-linux systems: mailing list?

> What about a mailing list dealing with portability problems of GNOME?
> I'm using Solaris, and I would be happy to share my experiences with
> other people running non-linux systems.

Any trouble getting Gnome running on a non-linux system is a bug in Gnome.

Anyway, I think I actually had more trouble building from scratch on my
home Linux system than on my HP systems.

The biggest problem with putting it on non-linux systems is going to be
you are missing a lot of the GNU stuff that is pretty much there on a
Linux box.  Once you get all that stuff installed, it should be smooth
sailing.

	-Dan