Re: compiling and using GNOME on non-linux systems: mailing list?

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Brandon S. Allbery wrote:
> In message <361CB488.652EF172@istar.fr>, Frederic Devernay writes:
> +-----
> | What about a mailing list dealing with portability problems of GNOME?
> | I'm using Solaris, and I would be happy to share my experiences with
> | other people running non-linux systems.
> +--->8

If there are portability problems please report them to this list (better,
send patches!). Solaris is a good bet though; about the closest non-Linux
thing to Linux. Maybe that should be the other way around. ;-)

> I'm just getting to the point where I can actually do some serious
> debugging.  I have to wonder though, will I step on GNUish toes if I try
> building everything with Purify?  :-)

No, that would be very cool. If you find bugs, send them on in.

Havoc