Re: compiling and using GNOME on non-linux systems: mailing list?

In message <361CB488.652EF172@istar.fr>, Frederic Devernay writes:
+-----
| What about a mailing list dealing with portability problems of GNOME?
| I'm using Solaris, and I would be happy to share my experiences with
| other people running non-linux systems.
+--->8

This is it, pretty much.  I'm building it on Solaris 2.5.1, and just started
building it at hoime on Red Hat 5.0 to provide a basis for comparison.  (So
now I know that it's not in fact normal for imlib_config to drop core on
startup.:-)

(BTW to the list, whose bright idea was imlib[-_]config being two completely
different programs?  Seems like a bad idea....)

I'm just getting to the point where I can actually do some serious debugging.
I have to wonder though, will I step on GNUish toes if I try building
everything with Purify?  :-)