Re: Windows and DLLs

S> Whats wrong with having their source some init file owned by a
S> sysadm that will set these defaults?

Nothing at all.  I like things like this, or like the X resource
database.  I'd prefer a way which didn't require the user to have a
specific line in their RCs, though.  Ideally, if the user has no
settings in their directory, it should pull in the global defaults.
If in your example, I didn't have a .cshrc, I wouldn't get the global
defaults, and I might not know where o get them from.

S> This will handle the environment variables, like WWW_HOME.  For
S> GNOME menu items, I think thats something that can be built into
S> the GNOME in general on how you would accomplish that.

Yeah, that's something I'd like to discuss.  In terms of menu items, I
think gnome has the abillity to store mnenu items in the .gnome di as
well, and merge them.  The big thing is app preferences.  It would be
great if ee would read a /usr/share/gnome/app-defaults/ee before
reading my ~/.gnome/ee so that mine would override it.  Ditto on the
gtkrcs.  I think that may be my project, unless I've missed it and
it's already been done.  8^)

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
You are the only person to ever get this message.