Re: ObjC and `glib.h'

On 1 Oct 1998, Raja R Harinath wrote:

> The new `GHook' struct has a member named `id', which seems to be an
> Objective-C keyword (Elliot?).  I renamed it to `hook_id'.  Here's a
> patch that fixes glib.h and ghook.c.

Yes, 'id' is a reserved word. When naming functions/parameters/variables,
people might want to keep in mind the reserved words of ObjC and C++, both
of which can include C headers directly (instead of requiring wrappers
like, say, scheme).

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg