Re: CVS problem

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Charles Rezk wrote:

> I've just been trying to get updates from the CVS, and am having a
> problem I haven't seen before:
>
> cvs server: Updating gnome-core/capplets
> cvs update: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
> cvs [update aborted]: cannot open CVS/Entries.Log: No such file or directory
> /usr/src/gnomecvs$
>
> On my machine, the file gnome-core/CVS/Entries exists and is
> readable.

Ah!  One of my favourite CVS curiousities.  OK, do this:  In one window,
chdir into gnome-core/capplets and do an ls.  In anthoer window, chdir
into gnome-core/capplets/CVS, and look at the contents of the Entries file
in there. Look carefully.  You'll see a directory listed in your first
window, but not listed in the Entries file.  If I remember correctly, it
started with a 'd'.  rm -rf'ing this directory then allowed CVS to
operate, and fix that Entries file correctly by restoring the directory
and updating Entries.

> -- Charles

wfms