Re: [harinath cs umn edu: Re: Gnome-libs and libart_lgpl]

In message <d91zmuuh50.fsf@rawana.cs.umn.edu>, Raja R Harinath writes:
+-----
| > OK. That constitutes a good reason to use checkout all the time, since
| > one never really knows when such a thing will happen.
|
| I hope not.  Each has its place.  `cvs update' is better than `cvs
| checkout' for day to day updates since it sends deltas over the net in
| the Remote CVS case.  `cvs checkout' appears to send out the whole
| changed file.
+--->8

I, and many others, do the update via cron, which means I'm not there to check
out the modules file and figure out what needs to be "cvs checkout"ed.  So
yes, "cvs checkout" is now what the cron script does.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu