Anon CVS lag

Has anyone else been experiencing some major CVS lag lately?  I
used to be able to do a 'cvs update' and have an almost immediate
response.  However, the other day (and the previous time a week
ago) I was updating a bunch of modules (in parallel; that's safe,
isn't it?).  It seemed that the smaller modules (e.g. gnome-xml,
pharmacy, etc.) went through pretty quick.  But others never
did.  I let them sit for at least 10 minutes...maybe 20, but
never got a single line of text back.  (CVS 1.10)

Could this be a single CVS server that's way overloaded?  Is
there any way I can tell which anon CVS server I'm currently
connected to?  It's VERY hard to debug all these recent anon CVS
problems without being able to tell if a problem is site-related.

John