Re: orbit-name-server and esd

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 23:00:53 +0100, intinig@tin.it <intinig@tin.it> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm having a sort of strange behaviour with gnome. Whenever I logout of gnome-session
>two processes remain alive: orbit-name-server and esd. I have to kill them manually whenever
>I quit gnome.
>
>Is this a bug or is something wrong with my system?

We haven't figured out when those things are supposed to die, so they just
stay around for now. :) Keep bringing this to people's attention until
someone can say "yes they are supposed to stay there" or "no they
aren't"...

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg