idl errors?

Ok,

I've been trying to compile gnome-core for quite a few hours now
and I've run accross something that i've not seen before, and I've
compiled many revisions of gnome stuff from cvs.

At this point, I'm first getting this error:
make[2]: Entering directory `/hdb10/cvs/gnome-core/help-browser'
idl/help-browser.idl
make[2]: execvp: idl/help-browser.idl: Permission denied
make[2]: *** [help-browser.h] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/hdb10/cvs/gnome-core/help-browser'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/hdb10/cvs/gnome-core'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Permission denied? Huh? Ok, so I chmod *.idl to +x and try again and
then I get this:
[root@shogun help-browser]# make
idl/help-browser.idl
idl/help-browser.idl: module: command not found
idl/help-browser.idl: interface: command not found
idl/help-browser.idl: syntax error near unexpected token `fetch_url(i'
idl/help-browser.idl: idl/help-browser.idl: line 3: `void           fetch_url(in string URL); // show URL in same browser'
make: *** [help-browser.h] Error 2

I can usually work around broken things or missing libs, but this one
has me stumped.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Matt Neville